Shipping parcels and documents across countries is common in today’s times, when companies have offices across the globe. Most of the companies just pick up one of the major and famous delivery service. But these services cost too much. Companies can choose the services of other small delivery companies to reduce the costs.
Before choosing a perfect bet, from a host of courier companies, you have to evaluate these points to determine whether it is suitable for your business needs.
- Determine the delivery service type of the company. Choose the service depending on the type of service required by your business. If you need to send parcels to long distances, choose a regional freight carrier. For local area delivery of small parcels, choose a local courier or messenger service. And if you have warehousing requirements, choose an integrated courier company in your region.
- The courier companies need to be licensed to do business and they must also be insured and bonded.
- Always consider the speed of delivery of the company. Look for all the delivery options they offer like same day delivery, overnight delivery and a fast delivery in a couple of hours if the delivery is within a local area. The company should offer multiple delivery options to suit your delivery requirements.
- The reliability of company is a big indicator of their efficiency. Check for the reviews and feedback of their previous customers. Choose a delivery service that offers internet tracking of parcels.
- The appearance of the courier company’s trucks, delivery boys and drivers plays an important role in determining your client’s impression of your company. The delivery boys and the drivers should be neatly dressed in uniforms and the trucks should be neat and clean.
- The delivery company should be able to handle special requirements like delivering perishable goods, oversized parcels or hazardous goods which need to be handled very carefully.
- Find out about the loading and unloading services offered by the company before you enter into a contract with them.
- Take a quotation from the company with detailed costing for all your requirements. The company should not charge any hidden costs that are not mentioned in the quotation.
Compare the different courier companies depending on the quality of services they offer and the price charged by them. Choose a company that offers the best service at low cost. If you cannot find one company for all your parcel requirements, choose different companies for different shipping requirements.