Bathroom vanities are an important part of the bathroom. For over a hundred years now, bathroom vanities have been providing bathrooms with added convenience especially in terms of storage. Bathroom vanities can be used to maximize space in the bathroom. If you are looking for a place to store your towels, beauty products, make-up and other toiletries, then you can rely on bathroom vanities to do just that. Aside from their storage-efficient qualities, bathroom vanities can also be very decorative bathroom ornaments that would only enhance the appearance of the bathroom. If you wish to improve your bathroom’s appearance, you should definitely buy a bathroom vanity unit. Although you should pay attention to the design of the unit you are going to buy and make sure it fits the style and design of your bathroom.
But regardless of whether you purchase a bathroom vanity for its appearance or not, all bathroom vanities should be utilitarian. They could be beautiful or plain, expensive or inexpensive, but it is important that they are useful.
So if you are planning to add a bathroom vanity to your bathroom, you might want to check out the following different types of bathroom vanities and sinks.
- Pedestal Sinks. The best thing about pedestal sinks is that they can fit any bathroom. They take very little space, are extremely useful and pleasing to the eyes as well. Pedestal sinks, also known as free-standing sinks, can also fit any bathroom theme.
- Free Standing Vanities. This variety is a combination of a vanity and a pedestal sink. The difference between free standing vanities between pedestal sinks is that free standing vanities are more generous when it comes to storage.
- Wall Mounted Sinks. This type is very appealing and can save a lot of space. However, it is a bit low on durability.
- Vessel Sinks and Vanities. These are very stylish sinks but are also very expensive and can take quite an amount of space.
- Vanity Cabinets. Vanity cabinets are also very popular and can be generous with space while providing a classy look to the bathroom.
Whether you are going for stone top vanity units or the marble ones, it is important that you find vanities that would complement the design of your bathroom and not be in contrast with it.